Tuesday, May 17, 2011

tutorial: dimensional die cut flower

I was playing around with my Slice the other day, trying to get my mojo going. The end result was a layered flower that looks similar to a gerbera daisy.

Supplies:
  • Slice and glass mat
  • Wedding and Noel design cards
  • Cardstock
  • Stylus
  • Adhesive 
  • Brad




I started with the Wedding design card and cut out 5, 12 petal flowers at 2 inches.



Using the small end of my embossing stylus, I bent each petal around the stylus tip. Do this for each flower.



When all the petals have been curled the flowers will look like the above photo.



Layer the flowers on top of one another and adhere them together, one at a time. Turn each layer slightly so that the petals of the lower layers can be seen from the top. If the petals become flattened, you can pinch or refold the petals back into shape as needed.



Insert the Noel Design Card into the Slice. Cut out the layer part of a snowflake at 2 inches. this will become the center of the flower.



Curl the ends of the flower center towards the center with the stylus. Poke a hole into the center of the cardstock.



Insert a brad through the flower center and then through the flower after the adhesive has dried. Adjust the flower petals as needed.

Here is my completed flower on a tag.



And a close up of the flower.


Additional supplies: tag, Sizzix. embossing folder, Cuttlebug. punch, Fiskars. stamp, Stampin' Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin