Monday, June 6, 2011

june counterfeit kit challenge

I found the Counterfeit Kit challenge blog through one of my Facebook friends. I thought it would be something fun to do to use up more of my stash. The idea behind the challenge is they show you an inspiration kit (a current kit from a club) and you are to counterfeit it using only items in your stash. Then you have the entire month to create projects with your kit. Here is this month's inspiration kit.

photo from Burlap and Buttercup kit club
Here is my counterfeit kit with a lot of classic pieces of paper included, some from companies that are no longer in business.


Paper:
  • Tiny Mosaic Green, Paperfever
  • Pooro, Gypsy (this is so old that it has the old name on it. the collection name was later changed to Romani), Basic Grey
  • Pea, Green at Heart, Basic Grey
  • Crosstide Lane, Laurel, Scenic Route
  • Dreamy Dots, Dark Butternut, Making Memories (this is from my early scrapping days)
  • Dew, Morning Meadow, SEI
  • Fresh Cut, Doodlebug Designs
  • Looseleaf Leadger, Office Supplied, Imagination Project
  • Number paper, 7 gypsies
  • Artisan label paper, Making Memories
Embellishments:
  • 3 chipboard frames
  • assortment of square brads
  • yellow ribbon
  • blue and green baker's twine
  • journaling stamps
  • birthday stickers
  • Spring, Noteworthy and Basics 2 design cards, Slice
For this challenge, I am going to challenge myself to create the flowers, labels and butterflies using my Slice. The font on the Spring design card is similar to the alphabet stickers. The only thing I didn't include was cardstock because, I usually don't know what color I'm going to use until I look at my photos.

14 comments:

  1. I love that you are digging deep and using up older papers. Way to go! I have a ton of old papers that I need to cycle into my 'working stash.' Thanks for the reminder. Great kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH...I almost stuck the same stamps into my kit but decided to wait and just use them if I felt like it. Love how you are really digging into your stash. FUN

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old is new again...you just have to look at it with a new eye! I have lots of old paper and I love that I am using it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to use those supplies with this fun looking mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. I love tht you are using "old" things to make them look new and fresh! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great kit - enjoy using your Slice to put together some embellishments. I'm going to try to use some of my gadgets/electronics more this month, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks like a really fun kit! I have those same journaling stamps, I love them! I can't wait to see what you make Linda!!! I love being "the FB friend" too!!! Teehee!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects are going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost pulled some of the same Scenic Route paper! LOL! Love your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your kit!! I love being able to use stuff I've had in my stash for years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kit looks fab, I like the journaling stamps. I'm jealous of the Slice, I really want one, I don't have a die cutting machine at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your take on the kit - I am fond of journaling stamps too, of course I buy more than I need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done! Glad you are breaking out your stamps and your slice! Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great supplies in your kit! Have fun creating with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin