Tuesday, June 7, 2011

layout: happy 14th birthday

Here is my first layout using my June Counterfeit Kit. The only supplies I added to my kit was a border punch and a couple of tiny alphabet stickers. I used a 'th' and put them under the 14. Click on the first photo for a closer look. I also forgot that the number paper was a little smaller than a true 12x12 piece of paper but I made it work.


Here is a close up of the accents that I made using my Slice. I have the older Noteworthy design card (without the MS+) so to get the layered look I just cut the pink paper a 1/2 inch larger than I cut the cream cardstock. If you have the newer, MS+ design card, you can just use the Shadow feature for the bottom layer.

My journaling stamp fit nicely inside the 3 1/2 inch label. In the other 2 labels I added several birthday themed stickers.


Supplies: letter stickers, Making Memories. punch, Fiskars. all others, June Counterfeit Kit.

14 comments:

  1. The layout turned out great! I love the combination of papers. And those custom accents are great! Sounds like a super fun challenge...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout & awesome double rainbow - where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting right to work with your kit. Tell me about your slice....I have the cricut, but I kind of want the slice too. Is that crazy?? DO you use it a lot??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love it and I love how you made the not true 12X12 work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout it beautiful. I haven't had a chance to scrap anything with my kit yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun layout! I love what you did with the number paper. You've given me an idea for stamping numbers onto a layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty layout - I love your journaling cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great - I love birthday layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice birthday LO. I struggle with those sometimes...you've done an awesome job on yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty pages - well done on coping with smaller paper too! I have a Sizzlit decorative strip which is 11½" wide - WHY?!?!?! - so annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout. Love that you made your own accents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great two page spread. Love the shape of the journaling spots

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin