Tuesday, July 5, 2011

the basement is finished

July 1 marked an exciting day for us. It was the day that the basement was officially finished and it only took them an extra 10 weeks, for a total of 18 weeks, to complete it. Let me give you a tour, warning there are a lot of pictures.

After you walk down the stairs and turn right, you are in my new crafting area. It is a nice shade of Charming Pink by Sherwin Williams. I'm hoping to have the room done next weekend so I can share photos next week. Right now it is half done, I just need my husband to put together another desk and hang a few things for me.

standing in the doorway

a small nook for a table

this is where my primary work table will be. I really like the high outlets
Once you as you leave my room and walk straight ahead into the rec room.

standing in the corner at one end of the room

at the other end of the room, our closets

a long view of the rec room

same corner as above looking right at the laundry center

the cabinet is now flush against the wall and the counter is installed, don't worry they did finish installing the sink

standing by the laundry cabinet looking at the exercise room

in the far corner looking back at the laundry center

the bathroom just across from the laundry center

our shower


Overall, we are happy with the end result, mostly because it is done. There are a few things we need to fix, like install 1/4 round along the bathroom floor. We would have pushed for it but that probably would have taken another month just to get that done. And quite frankly, we were sick of fighting with these clowns.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great! Can't wait to see pics of your finished craft room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it took over twice as long as originally estimated. Clowns is right. On the plus side, hurray for being done & it looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the new scrapping set up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have the craft room for writing. Soft colors - nice mood setting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin