Thursday, July 28, 2011

july counterfeit kit blog hop

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit July Blog Hop! You should have arrived here from Alanna's blog. If not, that is ok. You can start from the beginning at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge. This month's blog hop is a Flower Power Challenge, which was to find a creative way to use flowers on your project.

I decided to use a handmade ribbon flower from a hot pink gross grain ribbon. To create the flower, I followed my ribbon flower tutorial. As you can see I am getting better at making these.  :)


Here is a close up of the flower. I used pink baker's twine on the button. To adhere my flower to my card, I used 2 large glue dots.


Supplies: sticker, KI Memories. ribbon, Offray. corner rounder, EK Success. border punch, Martha Stewart. all other, July Counterfeit Kit.

Thanks for stopping by! Your next stop on the blog hop is Caryn's blog.

14 comments:

  1. Pretty flower, love the combination of large and small flowers, dots and loops on your card - lots to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who can resist hot pink grosgrain??? gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flower - I've never made one of these - I may well have to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's GORGEOUS! My ribbon flowers never look so fluffly and dimensional. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite flower techniques! Your card is so bright and pretty! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink and your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Great colors, and I love your ribbon flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ribbon flower. It added perfect texture with the button and the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I'm not usually one much for pink, but I like what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an eye-catching card. That ribbon flower rocks! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin