Saturday, July 2, 2011

june reading progress

At the beginning of the year, I decided to read more in 2011. My goal is to read 100 books this year, which averages to 8 a month. According to my Goodreads progress bar, I am now 37 books behind. Things are not looking good for me.

So here is what I read in June.

The Deadliest Bite (Jaz Parks)

The Deadliest Bite, Jennifer Rardin. This is the 8th and last book in the series that I started reading this back in 2009. It is about a CIA assassin who is teamed up with a vampire also a CIA assassin. Their job is to rid the world of supernatural beings that are causing all sort of trouble. That is probably over simplifying it. But that is really what they do over the course of the series. I really enjoyed this series and would recommend it to readers who are into vampires or paranormal stories.

Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated
 
Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated, Allison Arngrim. I was a big fan of Little House on the Prairie, no I take that back I still am a big fan of Little House on the Prairie. I read Melissa Gilbert's memoir, Prairie Tale back in 2009 and enjoyed it. So when I saw Allison's book, I had to read that too. This book was great and a fast read. There were some serious moments in the book and stories about life on the set. I would recommend this book for the Little House fan.

So things are not looking good for me in reaching my reading goal of 100 books this year. Especially since the year is half over and I haven't crack 20 books (hangs head in shame). I have changed my goal to reading 50 books by the end of the year. I probably should have started with this in the beginning. Now I am only 12 books behind schedule. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin