Tuesday, July 26, 2011

wall art

Last year when we visited my parents, I found my old vinyl records in the basement and brought them home. I didn't have very many because when I started getting interested in music, cassette tapes were just becoming popular.  Here is a sample of what I do have.


I told Dave that I wanted to get frames for some of my favorites and hang them on the wall in the family room. He liked the idea and when we were at the flea market over Memorial Day, we picked up a few more for $3. And in that haul included one of my all time favorite albums, Rio by Duran Duran, which I had on tape back in the day. Now that we got the basement finished, they are going in the rec room.


Here is another one of my favorite albums, Beauty and the Beat by the Go-Go's, already in its frame. I bought the frames at Micheal's when they had all the frames on sale for 40% off. I'm going to have Dave hang this one, Rio and Working Class Dog by Rick Springfield in my room.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Sounds like a fun grouping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT idea! We have tons of vinyl records. Now you've got me thinking... lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin