Monday, August 29, 2011

after hurricane irene


Thankfully, our area made it through Hurricane Irene with minor damage. We were very lucky that our downed trees were at the bottom of the hill in the backyard. Unfortunately, we lost 5 of them but that is ok considering what could have been.

The first day of school didn't happen today and it won't happen tomorrow either. While we are disappointed about that, there are still too many people without power and too many downed trees. 

My thoughts are with the people of the Northeast. It was heartbreaking to see video of my hometown in NY flooded posted on Facebook. Thankfully, my family and friends are safe and I hope your's are too.

And to Aimeslee, I sent you an email. I hope I sent it to the right address. Thank you so much for thinking of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin