Monday, August 1, 2011

july reading progress

Happy August to everyone! It is time to update my reading progress on my way to reading 50 books this year. I am up to 14 books read so far.

Smokin' Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel


I started with Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich. This is the newest book in the Stephanie Plum series. I had mixed feelings about the book. Actually, I have been having mixed feelings about the series for awhile now. I enjoy reading about all the nonsense that Stephanie finds herself involved in. I usually am laughing out loud while reading them. But I am so tired of the whole Stephanie/Morelli/Ranger triangle. In the beginning, it was fine and exciting and all that. Now it is very repetitive and I just want the girl to make a decision all ready.


I Am Ozzy


The next book I read was I am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne. I enjoyed listening to his music growing up. I enjoyed watching him yell for Sharon on the Osbournes back in the 90's. I really enjoyed this book and was surprised by all of the things he remembers considering how messed up he was on drugs and alcohol. I liked the writing style of the book, it felt like I was listening to Ozzy tell me the story himself.

And as of right now, I have nothing new on my reading list. August is a busy month with sports starting and back to school preparations. I'm hoping to find at least one book to read while sitting at practices. If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on Stephanie...I just finished the book yesterday and yeah, it's getting repetitive...pick Morelli already right?? I think that I'll be done with JE once it goes to the big screen too espec since I think that Katherine Heigl is NOT the once to do it justice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin