Saturday, September 24, 2011

card: miss you

I made this card with classic SEI papers. I really like how the blue and white paper looks like rain, which is what we have been getting a lot of these past weeks. I really miss the sun. It was out for a little bit today but the forecast is calling for a chance of rain the next 3 days...boo!


Supplies: paper, SEI. die cuts, Parties design card and embossing tips, Slice. metal sentiment, Making Memories. foam adhesive, floss and corner rounder.

A couple of notes about how I used my Slice to create this card. I embossed the journal block at 4 inches and then cut it out with scissors since there was no option for the shadow. I also thought 3 1/2 inches would have been too small for my card. I cut out the umbrella twice, on black cardstock and on the floral paper, at 2 1/2 inches. I cut the handle of the floral umbrella and adhered it to the black one. The umbrella is adhered to the card with foam adhesive.

I also wanted to mention that the early bird special for my class, The Slice: Basics & Beyond will end on Friday September 30. So if you have been thinking about enrolling, now would be the time to do it and receive a savings of $5. For more information, click on the class link.  I hope to see you in class.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Perfect papers/colors and love the dimension to the design. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin