Friday, September 9, 2011

rainbow quilt is finished

A few days ago, I finished Emily's quilt. I had a short side and half a long side left to sew on the binding. We have had so many rainy days that I took one of them and spent the day finishing it up. Today I finally had some good light to take a few photos of it.




Here it is hanging from her loft bed. There are 4 rows along the top that aren't showing. When I started making the quilt, it was my intention to have it be a twin size, so it would fit her bed. Some how it became a full size quilt. The next one I make I will have to triple check my math.  Also, I decided not to put a border around it because of the size.






Here is a peek at the back of the quilt. On this side, you can see the quilting clearly. I quilted it in the ditch. The process made my sewing machine very angry with me and it quit on me. I suppose it is time considering I have had it for almost 18 years.  If you have any recommendations on a nice replacement machine that would be great for quilting, I'd love to hear them. I'm hope to get one soon because Andrew is now asking when am I going to make his.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work. Such a sunny quilt. We need color to brighten our days

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin