Sunday, October 30, 2011

tutorial: monster mini note cards

I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while and finally made this mini card.

Supplies:


Cut out 2 monsters from the Toil and Trouble design card at 3 1/2 inches in Shadow. The olive green shape is going to be my card front and the white will be the back.



Take the back of the card and turn it over. Create a score line between the ear and the arm of the monster on the right side. If you are using a different brand of scoring board, you do not need to flip the paper over and the score line will be on the left side of the monster.



Turn the back side of the paper over to the right side. The score line will now be on the left side of the monster. Apply adhesive to the area above the score line.



Adhere the piece of paper that will be used for the card front to the bottom piece.



To open the card fold the score line towards the back of the card base. Do not fold the card front layer. Here is what the card base looks like open.



Cut out the same monster at 3 1/2 inches in Normal and adhere to the card front.



Add google eyes to your monster and he is ready to say 'Boo!'

If you have any questions or comments about this tutorial, please leave them in the comment section. Or if you want to share your mini monster cards, let me know I'd love to see them.

1 comment:

  1. this is very very very cute!!! I love shape cards, but I find myself too lazy to ever really make them :( The googly eyes are perfect! Thanks for this!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin