Tuesday, November 1, 2011

blogger's quilt festival: fall 2011


Welcome to my entry in the Fall 2011 Blogger's Quilt Festival. I decided to enter Emily's rainbow quilt that I finished last month.

hanging from her loft bed

showing part of the quilting on the back

I made this quilt for Emily because it was her turn to get one. She helped me design it too. Overall the quilt was a easy design, strips that I then cut into squares, but that doesn't mean things went smoothly.

During the quilting process, my machine got upset with me and caused some problems. It took a long time to get the quilting right because of it. It probably needs more quilting but I didn't want to press my luck with my machine.

I also learned that I need to work on my math skills when it comes to making a quilt from my own design. This quilt was supposed to be a twin size but in actuality it is a full size. Emily sleeps with it folded in half on her bed so that it doesn't hang over the edge.

Thanks for stopping by to visit. If you didn't find me through Amy's blog, I would encourage you to visit and check out all the other beautiful quilts.

7 comments:

  1. haha like how your math skills played out! Thanks for sharing. It's a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the rainbow colors - great job =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I colori brillanti sono i più belli!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color options. :) Love it!

    Mary
    http://www.quiltgenius.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just goes to show that simple blocks can still make fab quilts! Its great and I love the quilting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin