Friday, January 13, 2012

mug rug

I received a new sewing machine for Christmas since my old one had decided it didn't want to work anymore.

It took awhile to decide which model to get. In the end, I got the Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist. I am so happy with this machine. It was so nice to sew something that didn't get messed up or make me frustrated.


Over the holiday break I made this rug mug with fabric I bought from JoAnn's a few months ago. There was no pattern to it, I just cut a square and then some strips. The binding is left over from the rainbow quilt. The finished size is about 5 inches square. The quilting is nothing fancy, just playing around. I was so excited that I have a machine that didn't try to eat my project. Now to decide what my next sewing project will be.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat mug rug! and love the pin cushion. Being able to sew fabric (not just papers) is my next skill to learn, once I get a nice sewing machine like you, that is :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin