Friday, February 24, 2012

card: thank you

When I was making this card, I had a hard time choosing the embellishment for it. I knew I wanted a flower but finding the right color paper for the flower was harder than I expected. While rummaging sorting through my scrap bin, I found a lovely piece of vellum and thought why not? The flowers are cut out at 1 1/2, 2 and 2 1/2 inches and then layered. I gently bent the petals for a little extra detail. It is secured together with a brad I made using my tutorial.


Supplies: paper, Echo Park. stamp, Hero Arts (background) and Savvy Stamps (sentiment). Versamark. white embossing powder. die cuts, Basic 2 design card, Slice (flowers) and Sizzix (label). grey ink, corner rounder.

Today is the first day of The Slice: Basics and Beyond. There is still time to sign up for this fun class at My Creative Classroom. I hope to see you there!

10 comments:

  1. this color combo is really pretty! i love the layered flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh - you hit the nail on the head with that vellum flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and yes, I have to agree that vellum flower is the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget about vellum. This made a great flower. Cute card. Great blog too. I am a. New follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet, love the vellum flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, I LOVE the flower, it reminds me of the ones sold by K & Co. so it sounds like you are in good company! Love Penny Scrap-aholic@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! I love the white heat embossed background and the orange and aqua. Great color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color combo! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vellum flower, Linda! Hey, guess what I just did? I (FINALLY!) just saw your feedburner icon and signed up to get your blosts by email. I'm so lazy, but this way I will get to read you regularly and comment more! {{hugs}} xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin