Thursday, February 16, 2012

layout: camping

I mentioned yesterday that there was something bothering me about this layout but I couldn't figure out what it was until I saw photo of it. Here is the layout before...


The part that was bothering me was that there was nothing to connect the green circle paper to the journal tag. I suppose that the two elements didn't need to be connected but it didn't look right that they weren't connected. So I added a strip of the light blue geometric paper to the layout so that it now looks like this...


So now I'm looking at it and while I like that the elements are connected, I think I should have used a different shade of blue. This color really blends into the pool water which is why I didn't add it in the first place. Now I realize I am starting to sound like a loon. I'm going to leave it as it is and into the albums on my sewing table it goes.

Supplies: paper, KI Memories (blue) and Scenic Route (green). stickers, Basic Grey. tag, 7 gypsies. die cut, Travel USA design card, Slice. rick rack, buttons and brad.


Speaking of the Slice, today is the last day that you can get the early enrollment price of $30 for my class Slice: the Basics and Beyond. And the pre-work lessons start this Friday. So exciting! I hope to see you in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin