Thursday, February 9, 2012

mini album: camping trip

I have been procrastinating about scrapping the camping photos from 2 years ago. I had decided that I wanted to make a mini of our vacation. I even went out and bought most of the Happy Camper collection by Imaginisce to make it. And then nothing...until 2 days ago. I pulled out my papers, dug in to my stash and created this.


I made the album out of scrap pieces of chipboard and then used my Bind-It-All to bind it. It was my first time using it and it was very easy to use. I probably could have punched a couple more holes but I was nervous about getting everything to line up just right. I think I need make time to practice with that.


This spread is the introduction to the album. The journaling was done on lined paper and I used a stamp to embellish it. Each stamp is colored in with colored pencils and I didn't stay with in the lines on purpose. I know, I'm such a rebel.


This is the last page of the album. I took this photo right before we left. It is so nice to have the 3 of them get along with each other. I also want to say how excited I was to find that family sticker in my stash. It made me chuckle and it fits them so well.

Supplies: papers, Imaginisce, My Minds Eye (clouds), Echo Park (chevron), My Little Shoebox (lined). stickers, Imaginisce, Echo Park (letters), 7 gypsies (family). stamp, Imaginisce. die cut, Sizzix. flowers, American Crafts. Summer tab, Autumn Leaves. punch, Stampin' Up. corner rounder and colored pencils.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that is so cute. i just love it. We camp to and it is so much fun to scrap those camping layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute album, it's funny but sometimes you have to wait until the papers call out to you and them !wham! you are creating! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin