Saturday, March 10, 2012

2012 reading progress

My reading goal for this year is to read 50 books. So far, I have read 5 books.
  • Red Mist by Patricia Cornwell. This is the newest installment of the Scarpetta series. I haven't been too thrilled with the direction the characters have taken over the last 4 or so books. I feel like they are not the same people that they were when the series started. With this book it had gotten a little bit better but I still don't know if I am going to carry on and read the next book in the series. Well, I said that after the last 4 books and yet I am still reading. It's either habit or I am hopeful.  
  • Overbite by Meg Cabot. This is the 2nd book in a series and it is her take on the vampire romance. It wasn't too bad but I didn't think it was as good as the 1st book, Insatiable. I think if Cabot had added another 50 or so pages to the first book everything could have been resolved without needing this book.
  • Worst Case by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge. This is the 3rd book in the Micheal Bennett series. Think Alex Cross in NYC. I enjoyed this one, it was a fast read. But then again I enjoy reading Patterson's books.
  • Tick Tock by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidge. This is the 4th book in the Micheal Bennett series. I'm playing catch up with this series as the 5th book will be coming out soon.
  • Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. I finally read this one after being on my list for a while. I haven't watched True Blood, try not to judge to harshly. ;) I enjoyed the book but probably won't continue on with the series. For some reason it felt slow to me, I'm not sure how to explain it but that is what I felt while reading it. 
So now I'm trying to decide what to read next. I have a stack of books that I got from the Book Thing that I should start and I also got 2 books for my Kindle last week when they were 25¢. I figured for 25¢ you can't go wrong so why not get them. Those books are Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Fight Club. They aren't 25¢ anymore but I keep checking the Kindle best sellers list for other books at that price. Right now, I have only been able to find We Need to Talk About Kevin at that price. And because I am always looking for more books to add to my list I would love to hear what are you reading this week.

    4 comments:

    1. Enjoyed the book review, will have to check out the James Patterson series. I've read Dead Until Dark, and this is one of the rare times that I will say that the series on TV are actually better than the books!! I also love Janet Evanavich's books( Plum series ), they made a movie from the first book, don't waste your money on it, but if you love fast reads, great comedy and a little mystery then there are fabulous! waving hi from the beautiful hills of North Carolina :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I love Stephanie Plum too! I haven't seen the movie yet, I was going to rent it because I wasn't sure it would be as good as the books.

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the recommendations! I love, love to read! I have a stack of books to get to, but am always looking for the next series or great book to read.
      Right now reading a mystery by Elaine Viets from her Dead End Jobs series.
      Also going to be reading the newest by Sophie Kinsella. Love her books!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am looking forward to reading the new Sophie Kinsella book too. I'm saving it for Spring Break. I really enjoyed her Shopaholic books.

        Delete

    Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin