Monday, March 5, 2012

cps #255

I made a birthday card for CPS #255 this week. When I first saw the sketch I was thinking that I wanted to use some stars. Then I was thinking about using the color yellow but I couldn't find a sentiment that would go with yellow. I know I could have used stamps but I was feeling lazy yesterday. I was so happy when I found this sticker. I was able to keep the stars and got rid of the yellow.


Supplies: paper, KI Memories. sticker, Echo Park. dies cuts, Mistletoe design card, Slice (stars) and Silhouette (ticket by Lori Whitlock).  embossing folders, Cuttlebug. grey pen, Zig Writer. foam adhesive.

I want to point out that the white strip of paper is embossed but it is hard to see in the photo. I started using my Slice for the stars, which are cut at 1 1/2 and 2 inches. The smaller stars are embossed and then adhered to the larger stars with foam adhesive. I went to cut out the ticket but then my Slice started cutting wonky, a very technical term. :) So I then used my Silhouette to cut out the ticket, which is a Project Life journaling card that I resized to 2 x 3 1/2 inches.

I am really hoping that I can figure out what is wrong with my Slice. It would start to cut my shape and when it was about 2/3 of the way done the unit decided to cut across the shape. I have had it for a little over 3 years with very few problems and those problems have always been easily fixed. So I am hoping this one will be an easy fix too. I just need to find some time to play around with it and do a Google search because for some reason I remember reading about others having a similar problem. 

Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Great card, I wish I could help you with your slice but I don't have one, perhaps the next person can, sorry! Love Penny Scrap-aholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, Linda! Hey go here, there are some solutions:

    http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=3005618&pg=1&sigtoggle=true

    xoxo,
    Aimeslee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully bold and bright design!! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card...hope you'll link up with me at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/03/52-card-pickup-week-10.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin