Monday, April 16, 2012

layout: easter

I was working on some of Shimelle's crop challenges this weekend. Here is the first one I made, it is for challenge 4: use grey and yellow with another color. My other color was pink.


I decided to use up some of my old foam Thickers that don't have anymore stick to them. So I decided to try machine stitching them to the page. I like how that looks when I see other scrappers do that on their pages. That didn't go very well, even with the heavy duty needle my machine told me that it wasn't going to happen. And at this point I really don't know what I hated more my machine (it was the old one) or the Thickers.


So I took my Sew Easy and ran it over the title. While it didn't go through the stickers and the paper, it was enough for me to have a guide to punch the holes myself. As a side note, I realize my title is now crooked because at this point the little bit of glue I used had dried during my panic attack and I didn't realize the letters had shifted during sewing until it was too late. But it is done and I didn't have to redo my entire layout. Have you had a scrapping mishap recently and if so how did you fix the problem?

Supplies: paper, Echo Park and Making Memories. paper trim, Doodlebug Designs. Thickers, American Crafts. Sew Easy, We R Memory Keepers. floss and ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin