Monday, May 6, 2013

paper organization

In an effort to get some motivation to start scrapbooking again, I decided to go through my pattern papers and reorganize them. I have an odd way or organizing my pattern papers. Some are organized by color, some are organized by theme and the rest are organized by manufacturer. For a while this has worked. As time went on, I realized that I was looking for papers based on what color I wanted to use. Sometimes I would look for papers by the type of theme, like Christmas, but hardly manufacturer anymore. Time for a change.



I pulled out all the folders that had papers organized by manufacturer and started to sort through them. Sorting pattern paper by color can be difficult, especially when the patterns have more than one color in it. I sorted my papers by the first color that popped into my head when I looked at it. As time goes on, I may need to reassess the system. For now, it seemed like a good starting point.

While sorting my papers, I discovered that I have a lot of pink paper. Enough to fill 3 folders comfortably. This discovery made me laugh. As the mom of 2 girls, you would think this was a normal thing but my girls don't like pink. I have decide that I am going to use more pink on their layouts. They will get over it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin