Friday, July 26, 2013

layout: magic kingdom, part 2

Here is the second layout about our visit to the Magic Kingdom. While I am using the same photos, I went with a different color scheme here.



Originally, I started out with blue for the background but I wasn't too happy with the direction things were going. Really, it was me not liking the blue papers I had picked out. Then, I remembered that I had this hot air balloon paper from Bella Blvd that I loved but never knew what to do with. After looking at the paper for a while I decided to cut it down to 11x11 and mat it on cardstock. But what color to use? I chose a bright yellow cardstock and when I say bright, it really is bright. But with the pattern paper on top, the color is more manageable. It also gave me the opportunity to use up the yellow foam flowers I have had for a long time too. I added a scrap of orange cardstock to help ground my photos. 

The other embellishments are from my stash. The butterflies are mounted on foam adhesive. I even dug into my ribbon and used a bit on this layout. I haven't done that in a while!

Supplies: paper, Bella Blvd. scraps of cardstock. foam shapes, American Crafts. punches, Martha Stewart and EK Success. label, Scenic Route. journal sticker, Making Memories. font, Waltograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin