Tuesday, July 2, 2013

recipe: homemade pizza

Saturday night is usually pizza night at our house. We either order it or we make it ourselves. When we make it ourselves it is made using a premade crust like Boboli, except it is the Wegmans brand of pizza crust. We like that crust because it is thicker than Boboli.

This Saturday, I didn't have crust and when husband went to to Home Depot, he said he wasn't going to get crust since I didn't want to go to Home Depot with him. He really wanted me to come with him to pick out some materials for Emily's closet remodel. I wasn't interested plus I wanted to try to make my own pizza dough. After a search on Food Network, I found an easy, 5 star rated recipe for pizza dough by Bobby Flay. We love Bobby Flay so I figured I would give it a shot. The worse thing that could happen is we order out again.

So I got started and mixed everything in my Kitchen Aid using my dough hook. Now, I didn't have any bread flour like the recipe calls for so I used all purpose flour. I figured that a chewy crust would be close to the type of crust we usually eat.

I let the dough rise for about 1 hour 30 minutes. I think it took that long because I didn't have a warm place in my kitchen. But it still looks good



Then I stretched the dough out into 2 rectangle shapes, added sauce and cheese, and baked it on 2 rectangle stones by Pampered Chef.  There were no clear directions with the recipe on how long to bake the pizza so I set the oven to 425* and it baked for about 15 or so minutes.


The pizza came out great! I will be playing around with the cook time for the next batch of pizzas only because the cheese was a bit browner than my children like. In the end, it didn't matter because there were no left overs. Which is always a sign of a successful meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin